You can play this podcast episode using the SoundCloud player above orsubscribe to the podcast in iTunes (or your favorite podcatcher).
After several hours of recording lectures for our new online course (more details in the show), filmmaker Alex Ferrari and I had a more casual conversation about his personal experience with festivals around the country and in industry towns like Los Angeles.
Alex is the creator of filmmaking site indiefilmhustle.com and his short films have played more than 200 film festivals. We talk about the relationships that can build between individual festivals and their alumni, the advantages of being nice, and the importance of buying new shirts.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Indie Film Hustle, Alex’s filmmaking site
- Hollyshorts Film Festival
- Twitter Hacks, Alex's course on growing your Twitter following in a hurry
- Filmmaking Hacks: Secrets to Shoot & Market Your Indie Film
- Film Festival Hacks, an upcoming online course Chris and Alex are creating together
This episode sponsored in part by the Newport Beach Film Festival, with an open call for entries that ends February 5, 2016.